What You Should Do This Summer, Based on Your Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

As the school year is coming to an end, summer is right around the corner. Finally! If you’re struggling with coming up with ideas for what to do these next couple months, take a look at the recommended summer activities for your astrological sign below. And remember to abide by your local COVID-19 restrictions!

Aries: Host A Game Night

Aries, you are known for your competitiveness and multitude of friends. That being said, host a game night! Not only will you get to spend time with the people you love, but you will also get to remind them that you play to win.

Taurus: Plan A Picnic 

Taurus, you are known for being a laid-back, lover of nature and food. Why not combine all of your interests into one activity? Invite your best friend to go on a relaxing picnic and don’t forget to bring extra snacks!

Gemini: Go On A Road Trip 

Gemini, you are an explorer at heart and thrive off of new experiences. Quench your thirst for adventure this summer by going on a road trip! With your large group of friends, you’ll be sure to find people that would love to tag along.

Cancer: Experiment In The Kitchen 

No sign loves food more than you do, Cancer. Not only do you love to cook for yourself, but you are also fond of going out to eat. This summer, experiment with some new recipes at home, or maybe check out a restaurant you haven’t tried before.

Leo: Do Something Spontaneous 

Leo, you have a reputation for being the life of the party wherever you go. You are also known for doing things spontaneously. Activities that others might find boring, like running errands late at night, are where you will have the most fun (especially if you bring a friend along).

Virgo: Read Something New 

Activities that are both peaceful and require intellect are sure to satisfy your hunger for knowledge, Virgo. Spend your summer reading books about topics that you’ve always wanted to learn, but never got around to. Summer is a great time to explore new subjects and interests.

Libra: Go Shopping 

Libra, you have an incredible sense of style, and fashion is your strong suit. That being said, summer is your time to shop until you drop! Take your time to visit multiple stores and find pieces that work with your wardrobe. You’ll probably need an entire day… you’re a bit picky when it comes to clothing.

Scorpio: Go Stargazing

Scorpio, you are known for being multilayered and deep in thought. One of your favorite things to do is hold conversations about life and existential matters. That being said, you need to go stargazing this summer. All you need is a few close friends, some blankets, and… the stars. You’ll have a memorable night, especially if you bring music along.

Sagittarius: Go To An Amusement Park 

You never seem to run out of energy, Sagittarius. It’s incredibly hard for you to sit still. So, what better way to use your energy than to go to a theme park? Perhaps a long day of rollercoasters and other rides will be able to tire you out for once.

Capricorn: Stay In 

Capricorn, you are known for overworking yourself and forgetting to take breaks. This summer, your activity needs to be staying at home. That way you can catch up on all the sleep you have missed, watch your favorite show, practice self-care, everything you have been putting off. You deserve it!

Aquarius: Get Creative 

Your creativity and resourcefulness are two of your greatest strengths, Aquarius. Let your inner artist shine this summer by getting creative with colored pencils and paint. Arts and crafts are a great way for you to express yourself, especially since you prefer to spend most of your time alone.

Pisces: Meditate 

Pisces, please unwind with a bit of mediation! You have a tendency to be rather pessimistic, which at times gets in the way of your peace and happiness. Mediation is a great way to connect with your senses and do some self-reflection. Even just five minutes of meditation a day can help you become more grounded. ​

Emily is a second-year student studying Integrated Marketing Communications at San Diego State University. In her free time, she loves to watch films, hike, and cook.