The Summer Plans You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Everyone has been itching to do the most this summer after all of 2020 was spent in quarantine. Need some creative ideas? Look no further, I am here to help! Summer 2021 should be all about memorable times with the ones you love. Here are some ideas to get your summer plans started.

Staycation 

Staycations are the newest way to take a mini vacation with your closest friends! Staycations have become so popular because of COVID and everyone seems to be pleasantly surprised. Find an Airbnb to rent out for a weekend at a location near your home and explore your hometown in a new way. Make sure to bring a friend or two along! You’ll feel like you’re in a brand new place.

Have A Picnic 

Find your favorite recipes online and invite your friends to a picnic. Strawberries and lemonade are always a must! The location is the most important part. Have your picnic on a beach or in a field. Make a charcuterie board and enjoy the hot, summer day. Feel free to decorate your space with flowers, an umbrella, and pillows to sit on!

Build A Swing At Your Favorite Lookout Point

This one may seem a little bizarre, but can be so much fun! At your favorite lookout point, locate a tree that is easy and safe to climb. Once you find it, you and your friends can come together to build a swing made from rope and a wooden plank. Don’t forget to sign your initials on the wood so that you never forget it! You’ll be benefiting yourself, along with your entire community!

Have A “Yes” Day 

Yup, you read that right. Dedicate a whole day to saying “yes” to everything. It can be scary, but you’ll end up having days that are so special and unique. Get some friends to do it with you and you’re all set to go!

Plate Smashing 

Smashing plates. I will never be able to explain how liberating this feels. As weird as it sounds, it is actually such a blast. Go to your local Dollar Store and grab some old plates or cups. Once you buy them, feel free to write all over them in permanent marker. Jot down everything you want to let go of, whether it’s people in your life, or certain situations you cannot get over. Go to an abandoned parking lot and throw your plates/cups. Trust me, you won’t regret it. *Make sure to clean up your broken pieces of glass after and throw them away!*

Summer is all about making memories and having fun. There should be no worries or concerns during your couple months of freedom. I challenge you to try something new everyday, you’ll surprise yourself. 

Xoxo,

Mondy Kermani

Hi, I'm Mondy! I am currently a third year student at San Diego State University majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Media Studies while double-minoring in Marketing and Dance. Writing has always been a passion of mine because it has been an emotional and creative outlet for me. I love all things Harry Styles. You can find me at the nearest Dim Sum restaurant!