This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Name: Renee Ramirez

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Valencia, CA

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose SDSU?  

Renee Ramirez (RR): It was a beautiful school that had a credited and awesome Journalism program.

HC: Why journalism? 

RR: I have always liked writing and interviewing people, and knew I wanted to work in the entertainment business. I’m also not good at math. 

HC: Why did you join KCR and when is your show? 

RR: Having my own radio show where I could play any type of music sounded really fun. I have a music show with my two other co-hosts, Kianna and Kiersten, every Friday from 3-4. It’s called “KRK” and we feature songs of the Indie Rock/Alternative genres.

HC: Do you want to host a radio show in the future? 

RR: I would love to, probably as a side job.

HC: What do you plan to do with your major? 

RR: I want to enter the music scene, behind the scenes stuff like promoting and interviewing bands and artist. Still figuring this one out to be honest.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in San Diego? 

RR: I enjoy hiking, going to the beach, running along Mission Beach boardwalk, but mostly finding new places to eat. 

HC: What’s something not many people know about you?

RR: I actually like to perform and sing myself. Although I don’t get many chances to now, it’s something I did a lot throughout high school.

HC: What is one thing you want to accomplish in your life?

RR: I want to road trip and visit all 50 states by van. 

TRIVIA:

Favorite Food: Sandwiches  

Favorite Song: “Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap

Favorite Artist: I’m way to indecisive too have one.

Favorite San Diego Hot Spot: Torrey Pines  

I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.