This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

As like many other Friday’s, this Friday was accompied by the release of several new albums worth mentioning. Here’s a brief rundown of some new music to end your week with. 

Kings of Leon WALLS

After a three year wait, Kings of Leon has released their seventh album titled WALLS. If you know me pretty well, you know Kings of Leon is one of my favorite bands, and when they announced their upcoming album back in August, I may or may not have shed a few tears. With a 10-song tracklist, this album can fulfill every one of your alternative rock needs.  

Two Door Cinema Club Gameshow

This album has been awaited for 4 years following the release of Beacon. The indie rock band came back with a 15-song tracklist of their classic indie rock feel, including their hit single “Are We Ready? (Wreck).” Gameshow was worth the wait. 

Chris Young It Must Be Christmas

I’m not the biggest fan of country music, but I’m a huge fan of Christmas music. As an avid premature-Christmas-music-listener, I love that the release of this album in in October. The album It Must Be Christmas is full of classic Christmas tunes and even features Brad Paisley and Boys II Men.

The Naked And Famous Simple Forms

The Naked and Famous have released their 3rd LP this week, titled Simple Forms. It features and abundance of indie electronic/indie rock songs, including their new hit single “Higher.”

JoJo Mad Love.

It’s not too little, too late for JoJo this time around. This pop/R&B artist has released a 15-song album a whole 10 years after the release of her first album The High Road. JoJo has recently been busy touring America with girl group Fifth Harmony and will hopefully be announcing her own headlining tour following the release of Mad Love. Her new album also features Alessia Cara, Wiz Khalifa and Remy Ma.

I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.