Local Band Spotlight: Grizzly Business

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Brian, Corey, Matt and Walter are the members of San Diego local band, Grizzly Business. These fab four have been touring up and down the west coast for the past year. The band’s self-titled 5 song EP is available on iTunes, Spotify, and SoundCloud

The local boys describe their band as indie rock with influence from Spoon and The Strokes. Their new single “Rich Girls” gives you early 2000, easy listening alternative rock vibes. With a great breakdown and buildup, it will have you in full head and shoulder bouncing and offers a beachy vibe. Their all-around feel good single “New Dog, Old Tricks” takes you on a sunny San Diego trip. Grizzly Business has musically nailed San Diego’s vibe with their breathe-easy, hang loose five song EP, which is hopefully only the beginning to more great music.

Grizzly Business performed a free concert at San Diego State fall 2014. This performance convinced me to learn more about the fun and energetic band. They have several videos posted to YouTube, but to get the full personality follow them on social media: @grizzbusiness on Twitter and @grizzly_business on Instagram. Their genuine love for their music and each other shines through their profiles. 

Grizzly Business recently put together a free holiday concert for their fans at the House of Blues in San Diego on Dec. 9, 2015. The band did a lot of self-promotion for their event on their Facebook page, offering free tickets for just messaging the band (Awesome, I know). 

According to their Facebook page, their next performance is this Saturday, Feb. 6 at the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego along with The Tet Holiday. The show is free, however it is 21+, so if you’re on the lookout for new music and 21 and over, check them out!

Photo Credits: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBQaLAFRZeI/?taken-by=grizzly_business

Currently in the process of obtaining a journalism degree at San Diego State University. Born and raised in the Inland Empire (specifically, Colton, for all my fellow Inland Empire-ians). I am an aspiring music journalist, eager to interview the hottest in the industry and justly geek out in front of them (like a real professional). My music taste ranges from the swing era of ole blue eyes, the British revolution, flower power and psychedelic rock of the 60's and 70's, to today's soul and alternative rock. elenamacias11@yahoo.com
I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.