The Jonas Brothers Might Be Reuniting and I’m Not Okay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Three days ago, US Weekly rocked the Internet when they released an article saying Kevin, Nick and Joe Jonas might be bringing the Jonas Brothers back together under a new name: JONAS.

As a big time Joe girl, the Jonas Brothers broke my heart when they officially split in 2013 and nothing has felt the same. They were my first concert when they went on their World Tour back in 2009 and they started me on a lifetime of being a fangirl (Harry Styles I’m looking at you). It would be a lie to say I didn’t memorize every song off their album “Lines, Vines, and Trying Times”. And if we’re being completely honest, I still have Jonas Brothers songs in my current Spotify playlists.

Even though they haven’t released any new music, I’ve made some of my closest friends in college over our love for the JoBros (so we definitely freaked out when we checked Twitter this week). In fact, I’m currently watching their music videos and swooning over my concert photos from the World Tour (I’ve included a few of them for all of our enjoyment).

None of the boys have officially confirmed this reunion, but the rumors have revived my inner 12-year-old. When they reactivated their group Instagram in 2018, I was ready and waiting, only to be disappointed. So, for now, you can find me rocking out to their entire discography while I refresh their Twitter pages multiple times a day. (I’m burning up for you baby…)

Alexa is an Art and Journalism student at San Diego State University. A true California native, she loves sunshine, being outdoors, and road trips. Her passions include photography, activism, traveling, writing, drawing, and all things creative. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, the Photo Editor for The Daily Aztec Newspaper, and currently feeding her caffeine addiction as a barista. You can probably find me behind my camera, on Twitter, or perfecting my latte art at Starbucks.