This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Name: Jennifer Heinzel

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Major: Kinesiology Pre Physical Therapy

HC: What made you choose your major? 

Jennifer Heinzel (JH): It was a personal decision because I’ve had people in my life who weren’t able to enjoy the benefits of physical therapy for various reasons and I want to bring that service to as many people as possible.

HC: Tell us about studying abroad in Italy. 

JH: It was such an incredible experience because it was my first time traveling alone and out of the country. I loved learning about the Italian culture and I met some really great people who I’m still close with.

HC: Favorite class so far? 

JH: Anatomy

HC: Most recent embarrassing thing that happened to you? 

JH: Getting whiplash head banging to Pillowtalk by ZAYN.

HC: What are the most important aspects of your life? 

JH: My family and friends and education are definitely my main focus right now.

HC: What is your life philosophy? 

JH: ”Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama 

HC: What is your go to karaoke song? 

JH: Either Love On Top by Beyoncé or Mr. Brightside by The Killers because you can just scream them. 

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

JH: Hopefully still living in San Diego practicing physical therapy, living in a beach house with like 8 dogs.

HC: Current favorite song?

JH: Come and Get Your Love by Redbone

I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.