I Got the Nintendo Switch Lite and Here is my Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Over the weekend my mom, my aunt and I went to Best Buy. They were looking for a new washing machine, but my mind was somewhere else. I’ve been eyeing the Nintendo Switch for a while, but as a college student the pricing seems a bit much. So, when the Nintendo Switch Lite came out I’ve been contemplating whether to get it or not. Originally, the pricing and the color choices were what drew me to it. I spent days looking at the differences between a Lite and a normal Switch. I’ve come to the conclusion that Switch Lite would be more tailored to my needs. I travel a lot, and I’m an only child. The original switch didn’t sway me with the TV deck and the removable controls. My favorite color is turquoise, (my phone case, my backpack and even my pepper spray is turquoise), so naturally I chose the turquoise one. I was going to wait till Black Friday, but the child inside me wanted it RIGHT NOW! Even though I had to pay for it with my own money, satisfying my inner child was just so worth it. 

At Best Buy I purchased a game for 20 dollars, it was on sale! WHAT A STEAL! After spending $238 on myself I got in the car and immediately opened it. It comes half charged and set-up was super easy. If you’re looking for a good price, comfort, and easy game play, I suggest the Switch Lite. I have played with the original switch a while back, but I found the console too large for me and I couldn’t carry it with me everywhere. Now that I’ve had the Switch Lite for a weekend I’ll be taking it everywhere I go and probably not put it down for a while! 

My name is Katherine Chen, in HerCampus I was a writer and a Campus Correspondent. I really enjoy writing and it's a big part of who I am as a person. Outside of writing I enjoy ballet, playing the piano or guitar, I also enjoy hanging out with a good book and binge watching TV shows!
Emily is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU. She is a 4th year journalism student from Chicago, IL. At SDSU, she is in Kappa Delta, is the Social Media Director of Rho Lambda and the Vice President Membership of Order of Omega. Emily's favorite hobbies are dancing, online shopping, planning out her Instagram feed, blogging and going to Disneyland. On a daily basis, you can find her glued to her laptop writing blog posts and editing Youtube videos. In the future, she wants to work for the Walt Disney Company on their social media marketing and communications corporate team. Emily's strong passion for digital media & content creation makes her very proud to be a member of the Her Campus team!