This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Everyone preps for festival season differently. But what should you do to get your skin ready for 100 degrees of dry heat? The three best things you can do for your skin is to keep it hydrated, clean, and protected.

1.) Drink water

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Doctors recommend that you drink your body weight in ounces when it comes to water. That means if you weigh 130 pounds, you should drink about 130 ounces of water. Not only is this good for you on the inside, but you’ll also see results on the outside! Staying hydrated and drinking lots of water is one of the best things that you can do for your skin and here’s why. The sun is one of the largest components of quick aging, acne scars, and sun spots; but drinking water can slow that whole process down. Festival season is among us and with multiple days of constant sun, that can be a lot of damage to your skin in a short period of time. Drinking water will also keep you and your skin hydrated while we bake under all those UV rays, water it will to rid your skin of all the toxins, oil, and acne!

2.) Keep your skin clean

For most of us planning on going to a festival this year, it’s important for us to have the perfect look. A major factor of the perfect look for some of us consists of BEATING. YOUR. FACE.While we strive to get the perfect Instagram look and enjoy our days on the polo field, it is important at the end of the day to wash off all of that makeup and oils that build up over the day.  

3.) Protect your skin

The last thing to remember to do to protect your skin for Coachella is to wear sunblock. You don’t want your Coachella weekend to be ruined by a painful sunburn that will hurt all weekend, be impossible to cover up with makeup, and peel when the weekend is over. So, it’s better to protect your skin in the future than to deal with the sun’s consequences later.

Megan is a writer at Her Campus SDSU. She is currently studying Communications and is hoping to go into Public Relations. When she is not studying or writing she is thinking of her dog, Hope, back home in Simi Valley, California. Her hobbies include spending time hiking and at the beach, shopping for the best sales, bubble baths, and riding her bike. Some of her favorite things are Birkenstocks, pajama sets, dogs, dessert, and traveling. Her favorite cities are Bruges, Stockholm, Pompeii, and Saint Martin.
Emily is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU. She is a 4th year journalism student from Chicago, IL. At SDSU, she is in Kappa Delta, is the Social Media Director of Rho Lambda and the Vice President Membership of Order of Omega. Emily's favorite hobbies are dancing, online shopping, planning out her Instagram feed, blogging and going to Disneyland. On a daily basis, you can find her glued to her laptop writing blog posts and editing Youtube videos. In the future, she wants to work for the Walt Disney Company on their social media marketing and communications corporate team. Emily's strong passion for digital media & content creation makes her very proud to be a member of the Her Campus team!