Confirmed: The Jonas Brothers are Back and I am Thriving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Is what I think is happening, actually happening? Yep! Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas broke the internet on Thursday when they announced the release of their new single “Sucker” out on March 1st. Not only did they release the new single, they are also released a music video AND took over the week on The Late Late Show with James Corden.

Screenshot by Alexa Oslowski via James Corden Twitter

I didn’t know I needed the Jonas Brothers going on Carpool Karaoke, but I am living for it. Twelve year old me could only dream of such content from her favorite boys. Obviously, I will be watching them all week long to recover from midterm season. (Treat yourself right?)

I feel like I am being transported back into 2009 when their second to last album “Lines, Vines, and Trying Times” was released and everyone was preparing for their world tour. I definitely went and found the program I still have on my bookshelf and relived the excitement of my first show. The biggest drama in my life in 2009 was whether you shipped Niley or Nelena together and wondering why I wasn’t Mrs. Joe Jonas yet. If I’m being honest, I’m still not over the episode of Hannah Montana they appeared in back in 2007 (Dudes, it’s Hannah Montana!). Apparently that was 12 years ago?! If only I had a Twitter account back then like I do now.

Photo by Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash

My friends and I have already memorized the lyrics to “Sucker” and are currently debating on which old songs still reign supreme. Regardless of how we may feel about our song rankings, we are all in agreement that the new single is definitely a bop and it’s been added to all of our driving playlists (beach weather, where are you?).

All I can say is, we better get an album and tour for this historical reunion. For the rest of the year, you can find 21 year-old me blasting Jonas Brothers in my car with the windows down and living my best life. If anyone needs a concert partner to go to any and all California dates, feel free to hit me up. Just saying.

Alexa is an Art and Journalism student at San Diego State University. A true California native, she loves sunshine, being outdoors, and road trips. Her passions include photography, activism, traveling, writing, drawing, and all things creative. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, the Photo Editor for The Daily Aztec Newspaper, and currently feeding her caffeine addiction as a barista. You can probably find me behind my camera, on Twitter, or perfecting my latte art at Starbucks.
Emily is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU. She is a 4th year journalism student from Chicago, IL. At SDSU, she is in Kappa Delta, is the Social Media Director of Rho Lambda and the Vice President Membership of Order of Omega. Emily's favorite hobbies are dancing, online shopping, planning out her Instagram feed, blogging and going to Disneyland. On a daily basis, you can find her glued to her laptop writing blog posts and editing Youtube videos. In the future, she wants to work for the Walt Disney Company on their social media marketing and communications corporate team. Emily's strong passion for digital media & content creation makes her very proud to be a member of the Her Campus team!