This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

*May contain spoilers!*

The Grinch (2018)

No, it’s not Jim Carrey; but you do get Benedict Cumberbatch, Rashida Jones, and Pharrell Williams, pretty good trade in my opinion. This playful take on the Christmas classic is fun for the whole family. And it still has some humor for older viewers as well. (not Netflix but had to be included)

Klaus (2019)

Joan Cusack, Rashida Jones, J.K. Simmons, and Jason Schwartzman star in this very interesting take on Christmas. While it’s not the Santa we all know and love, you’ll definitely warm up to the woodsman. This movie gave me a bit of Tim Burton’s vibes as it was darker and slightly violent, but it’s still a great movie.

A Christmas Prince Trilogy (2017, 2018, 2019)

Honestly, these movies are just freaking adorable. They’re family-friendly movies and have messages about not changing who you are and Christmas is about family, not stuff. High-key, these movies will give you the feels and make you want your own prince from an obscure snowy country.

The Christmas Chronicles (2018)

First off, Kurt Russell plays Santa, which is both hilarious and awesome, if you don’t know who he is, he was the dad in Sky High. This movie will make you laugh and make you cry, everything you want in a movie. However, the elves are kinda creepy looking but you get used to it. Great movie and great messages.

The Knight Before Christmas (2019)

Time travel and romance just go so well together and this movie proves that further. Vanessa Hudgens stars in another Netflix original as a science teacher in Ohio that a time-traveling knight falls for. It’s cute and fun, highly recommend for a night in with some hot cocoa and fuzzy socks.

Christmas Inheritance (2017)

A heartwarming film about a bratty girl that has to learn the value of being a hard worker and help others, rather than being selfish. Star of The 100, Eliza Taylor, plays socialite Ellen. Her fiance is a jerk and in a small snowy town, she meets the owner of a quaint inn. It’s cheesy, yes, but very adorable.

Let it Snow (2019)

This is a great movie about young adults and their relationships. Friends in love but won’t admit it and LGBTQ relationships make this movie more realistic than other rom-coms for the season. The banter is witty and playful and the relationships are meaningful and joyous. Definitely Hallmark worthy in my opinion.

The Princess Switch (2018)

Parent Trap, who? This movie stars Vanessa Hudgens, our Christmas Queen, she’s baker from Chicago and goes to a small snowy country for a baking competition with her partner. She runs into a duchess that happens to also be her doppelganger and they switch places and fall in love with people. It’s classic, plot-wise, but super cute and a must-watch.

Hi y'all, I'm Sydney. I was born in California and raised in Texas. I'm an English major and hope to work in the entertainment industry.
Emily is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU. She is a 4th year journalism student from Chicago, IL. At SDSU, she is in Kappa Delta, is the Social Media Director of Rho Lambda and the Vice President Membership of Order of Omega. Emily's favorite hobbies are dancing, online shopping, planning out her Instagram feed, blogging and going to Disneyland. On a daily basis, you can find her glued to her laptop writing blog posts and editing Youtube videos. In the future, she wants to work for the Walt Disney Company on their social media marketing and communications corporate team. Emily's strong passion for digital media & content creation makes her very proud to be a member of the Her Campus team!