5 Songs That Will Get You Through Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

With one week until finals, I’ve been starting to spend more and more of my free time studying. However, I always need that extra push to get me to stay studying and not be completely distracted. My go-to solution? Music of course. Taken from my study playlist, these 5 songs are my (totally biased) guide to staying on track to rock my exams. 

Gone to Count Sheep, Max Pope

This song gives me the all the coffee shop feels that jazz music doesn’t. While the title hints to sleeping, the vibe I get is very relaxing, soothing, yet upbeat. It’s the perfect song to keep you on track.

Bloom, The Paper Kites

Listening to “Bloom” makes me feel as if I’m driving through a forest in the fall time—which is definitely where I’d rather be than in a library studying for finals, but you can’t always get what you want. This is another one of those soothing songs that gives you a warm feeling inside, something that everyone should have on their study playlist.

Ring The Alarm, Beyoncé

Straight off her classic album, B’Day, Ring the Alarm is an aggressive anthem that never fails to fuel me with an abundance of energy. No, this is not really a “study song,” but more of a “taking a break song,” and her aggressive lyrics help me get out the anger I feel towards studying. I recommend standing up and doing a little hair-whipping to feel the full effect.

Flowers in Your Hair, The Lumineers

I can’t get enough of this song, purely because it makes me feel like I should be sitting in a flower-filled meadow soaking in the sun. It’s short and charming, and the perfect addition to any study playlist.

The Prettiest Thing, Norah Jones

Listening to Norah Jones seems to make everything better for me. Again, this song gives me some strong coffee shop vibes that make me want to put the song on repeat for the whole day.  

Welcome to Her Campus SDSU!
I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.