Will DuVal ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Birthday: February 25, 1993

Major: Political Science and German minor

Hometown: Phoenix, AZ

Relationship status: Pending divorce with roommate (Joseph Losacco – to be finalized June 13th)

How are you involved on campus or in the community? ROTC, Sigma Chi, and formerly men’s lacrosse and ASG

Who is your role model? Mark Wahlberg. Not only is he a former rap star, he overcame youth violence and substance abuse. And then he had the number one hit single “Good Vibrations”, which propelled him on a trajectory towards success. Then he became the actor he is today. He’s also an all around good guy. He’s one of the only people in Hollywood who will stand up for veterans when movies have a poor portrayal of veterans.

What is your spirit animal? I’ve actually been wrestling with this question for quite some time… Right now, I’d say a black bear. Because there are two black bears who live in my tree in Aspen and every morning I watch them climb down from their slumber.  I’ve fallen in love with them and watched them grown. And because I’m agile and fast and fierce.

If you were an emoji, what would you be? The dragon head.

If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be? Secretary of Defense, Ashton Carter

What is your favorite SCU memory? Winning Star Search 2013/2015 with the Swole Patrol (ROTC)

Who is your celebrity crush? Angelina Jolie

What is your dream date? Doing something very out of the ordinary. I love to go places where I know they’ve never been to before. Adventures are my jam. Ultimate dream: Go wine tasting, then helicopter out of the Mission Gardens. We would take helicopter to the Bahamas for scuba diving, then to Aspen for some hot cocoa. Top it off with brunch the next morning at my favorite restaurant to talk about how fun the evening was.

What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate

What is something people don’t know about you? I have pen-pals. I have a Russian one, multiple Germans, and two Hungarians. We write monthly. 

Natalie started as Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Santa Clara in the fall of 2014. She is a senior English major, and no, she doesn't want to be a teacher. If she has any free time, chances are you'll find her reading with a cup of tea at her side or lying in bed binge-watching Netflix.