I have exactly 42 more days of living in my dorm room, and the nostalgia is just starting to hit me. Here are some of the things I’ll miss about my fabulous little room in Swig:
1. I’ll miss being able to stare at myself in the mirror while sitting on my bed. (Nothing wakes me up faster than that first glance in the mirror).
2. I’ll miss how cozy and warm the room gets. (All it takes is 3 people to turn it into a sauna).
3. I have a very sensitive olfactory system, so I’ll miss the scent of my room. (It’s a mixture of dryer sheets, lavender, and everything magical).
4. I’ll miss the sweet bulletin board that spans one whole side of the room. (I always wanted one as a kid).
5. I’ll miss having the window right next to my bed. (I get to feel the breeze, and can also yell to the outside very conveniently.)
6. I’ll miss my favorite part of the day, which is when I get to pull up the shades and let sunlight flood into my room. (It’s about the simple pleasures, right?).
7. I’ll miss hearing literally everything that happens outside my window — if you’ve ever had a conversation on the street, I’ve definitely been eavesdropping.
8. I’ll also even miss hearing people yell “Wake up, Swig!” (It’s always nice to know someone is thinking about me).
9. I’ll miss my bed that is almost as, if not more, comfortable than my bed at home.
10. I’ll miss the satisfaction felt after cleaning. My side of the room can go from a hazardous mess into a neat and organized haven in less than 10 minutes — it’s really only a matter of putting away my clothes.
11. I’ll miss knowing that all of my belongings have exactly one designated spot — if they’re not in their specific place they’re either on the ground, on my bed, on the desk, or wreaking havoc elsewhere.
12. I’ll miss having a sink no more than 10 feet away from me at all times.
13. I’ll miss having a refrigerator no more than 10 feet away from me at all times.
14. I’ll miss having everything else that I own no more than 10 feet away from me at all times.
Convenience is key. It’s been a great year.