Ryan Johnson ‘18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

The Basics

Hometown: Federal Way, WA

Year: Freshman

Major: Math/Physics Double Major

Residence Hall/Living: San Filippo

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

SCU Life

What clubs/activities are you involved in? I am a member of the rowing team and am involved with French Club.

What is your favorite spot on campus? My favorite spot is the St. Aquinas Fountain that is right behind Kenna.  It’s a great place for picnics, and it’s really calming.

What do you hope to accomplish by the end of your four years here? I want to start a German club, do physics & mathematics research on campus, and study abroad A LOT (hopefully in Germany).

What is your most embarrassing moment? One time when I was walking back to the dorm from Benson, I walked too close to a trash can and a squirrel thought it would be funny to jump out at me and scare me.  I screamed immediately from the encounter.

Fun Facts

What is your dream job? Research Director at the Large Hadron Collider

Where is one place that you want to visit? Munich, Germany and Hokkaido, Japan

What is your favorite TV show? Something between House of Cards and Parks and Rec

What is the last song you listened to on your iPhone/iPod? Tokyo Sunrise by LP

What is your favorite subject? Math

Love Life

Relationship status: Single

Ideal first date: I’ve always wanted to go ice skating, so that would be pretty cool.

First thing you notice about someone: The way they hold themselves

Deal breaker: Closed-mindedness

This or That

Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla

Pancakes or French Toast? Pancakes

Blonde or Brunette? Blonde

Morning or Night? Morning

Outdoors or Indoors? Outdoors

Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).