thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Review of Snapchat Filters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

I am a self-described Snapchat addict and the new filters have made Snapchatting more interesting and fun. Some are funny, while others seem completely irrelevant. Here is my review of five of the current Snapchat filters

Dog Face

This filter is especially funny and cute when it’s used on dogs. However, this filter is the one every single girl has put on her story. I am guilty of it, too.

Frowning Face

I love this filter. It’s perfect for anyone who has RBF— a.k.a. me. It never fails to make me laugh every time I’m annoyed at something because it makes everyone look funny.

Tomato/Strawberry Face

Why? Just, why? Why do I need to look like a tomato or have strawberry makeup? The filter is irrelevant. Instagram-famous make up artist NikkieTutorials did a makeup video on it and, while the video is amazing, the strawberry and tomato filters are still unnecessary.

Face Swap

The Face Swap filter is both creepy and funny. The face swaps are the best when a human face and a non-human face are swapped. The new version of the face swap, where you can send snaps with a face swap from a picture in your camera roll, is one of the funniest filters. Some of the filters are so spot-on that I look like the friend that I face swapped with.

The Mouth as Eyes

This is perfect if you don’t like Donald Trump or just want to make fun of him. Very creepy seeing your eyes replaced by your mouth, but this filter is hilarious if you extremely dislike Trump.

Tara Karanik is a sophomore student at Santa Clara University. In between late night studying for her Chemistry and History double major, her hobbies include binge watching puppy videos and Netflix. She is addicted to coffee and will most likely say she needs more coffee throughout the day. She has truly found a home at Santa Clara and looks forward to many more adventures as a Bronco.
Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).