This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

I never knew it was a thing until it hit me like a wrecking ball. I thought there were just mid life crisis’…like when your 35, still single, living at home with your parents and you stop to question your purpose in life? Turns out, that same thing can happen in college.

So to prepare all of you who were once innocent like me, here’s a preview of a Mid College crisis:

1. You start to question (and pray) you’re in the right major and heading down the right career path, because it’s too late to change majors now.

2.You’ll think, “You’re almost out of college, but still single therefore you’re probably going to die alone.”

3. You’ll suddenly feel so old. Half the people you are at school with are still teenagers; meanwhile you don’t even need a fake id anymore.

4.Your hangovers become aggressively worse, and drinking four days a week like you did freshman year is becoming a full time job.

5. You’ll get in more serious fights with your friends, probably because your personalities will start overlapping (and maybe your hookups, too), and sh*t may or may not hit the fan a few times.

6. You’ll start to care more about specific qualities a potential partner has and less about what fraternity letters he wears.

7. And you thought sophomore year was as hard as the schoolwork gets? LOL

But you still have a little more time before you become a “real adult” yet! So cheers to that.

Natalie started as Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Santa Clara in the fall of 2014. She is a senior English major, and no, she doesn't want to be a teacher. If she has any free time, chances are you'll find her reading with a cup of tea at her side or lying in bed binge-watching Netflix.