Don’t Bring Sand To The Beach

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

This weekend brings the return of an event unique to Santa Clara that only seems to improve year after year. Don’t Bring Sand To The Beach, brought to you by Top Shelf Productions and Level 1, will be held at Club Illusions in Palo Alto on Saturday, February 2.  Top Shelf Productions and Level1 are event and production companies run by Santa Clara students devoted to providing us with the best parties around.  Michael Fortune, Mohit, Rick Choi, AJ, Mario, and many more started these groups around 2007, but after their graduation Connor O’Rourke and David Belogovsky took over this and other events.

Don’t Bring Sand To the Beach features amazing talent, and is headlined by DJ TJR. TJR is a part of the same management roster as Calvin Harris, Nero, Deadmau5 and more, and best known for his mix “Funky Vodka” which is now the basis of “Don’t Stop The Party” featuring Pitbull!  Also spinning are Coachella Music Festival veterans, TEAMNOSLEEP, as well as Crunch Theory based out of LA.

Top Shelf Productions has worked with artists like Tiesto, Avicii, Dillon Francis, Steve Aoki and many more, making them more than qualified host the event. Level1 Events says it best: “We are dedicated to bringing unforgettable events, good times, and good music to good people.”

The event can be found on Facebook and tickets can be bought online here. Be sure to take advantage of the bus passes being sold along with the event! Tickets are $20, and shuttle passes $15.  Hope to see you there!

I'm a sophomore double major in Religious Studies and Theatre & Dance with an Acting Emphasis.