David Corrall Lyons ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

David Corral Lyons is a well-dressed, well-spoken, and well-traveled senior here at SCU. He’s not your classic senior stressing over job applications and interviews; rather, he is already working his dream job at Tesla Motors. When Her Campus had the opportunity to speak with David, he was passionate and enthusiastic when asked about his employment. It is truly his dream job — one in which he gets to communicate with people constantly while working for a company who “does something for the world at large.” As a delivery specialist, he helps the customers with logistics and shows them how to work their new car. David feels “fully entrenched in professional life”, and says it feels “weird to be a senior already.”  He can’t imagine working anywhere else, saying he plans to continue working for Tesla after graduating with a degree in Economics and a minor in International Business.

When not at work, David enjoys seeking adventures. He loves to travel and grew up speaking both Spanish and English, which influenced his decision to study abroad in San Sebastián, Spain as a junior. He reminisced on a road trip with friends through the northern tip of Spain, where he got to see parts that no one else really sees. Traveling across the globe led him to meet kind and open-minded people from several different European countries, who he became close friends with and still keeps in touch with to this day via a massive group chat!

Some Fun Facts to get to know David:

Hobbies: Likes to ski and play intramural basketball

Favorite SCU memory: I became super involved with MCC and helped plan Global Village.  I saw the event as a freshman, then had a chance to plan it as a sophomore. I coordinated with numerous individuals and vendors to make the fair happen.

Where he sees himself in 10 years: I don’t know, I want to keep my options open to anything fun and fulfilling.

If he could trade places with anyone, who would it be: Scott Kelly, who is staying in a space station for a whole year.  It’s a lifetime mission of mine to go to space.

Celeb girl crush: Angelina Jolie

Celeb man crush: Christian Ronaldo. He’s kind of a stud.

Guilty pleasure: Sci-fi or science…anything to do with space really. I went crazy during SpaceX (and how there’s a big push to make space cheaper, faster, more efficient), and having cars drive themselves is awesome.

Sports fan? I’m a big follower of the Oregon Ducks.

Favorite movie: Forrest Gump. I don’t know why, but I just like it.

Spirit Animal: My last name is ‘Lyons’, so a lion.  They are leaders in a sense and carry themselves well, too.

Other interesting things: He has a twin sister!

Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).