Chris Grove ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Hometown: Walnut Creek, CA

Major: Public Health Science & Psychobiology

Relationship Status: Uh, Single?

Birthday: May 24, 1995

3 words to describe yourself: I DON’T KNOW I’M NERVOUS

Favorite food: Chicken McNuggets

Favorite movie: Space Jam

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m a Peer Health Educator, a CF in Sanfilippo, I work in the Housing Office, & I’m involved in Global Medical Brigade.

If you could trade places with anyone for a day who would it be?

Dee Goines, because who wouldn’t.  

What is your best memory at SCU?

Hanging out in the Sanfilippo hallways freshman year late at night.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Jennifer Lopez

Who is your role model?

My older brother Stephen, he’s always there for me & has been there through the tougher times to give me good advice.

What is your dream job?

Nursing

Describe your ideal date.

Taking her out to a simple nice dinner & then taking her to a park & stargazing.

Who is the most important person in your life?

My mother, she has sacrificed everything for me and my family as a single mother of 5.

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

Hong Kong, to see where I was born. I also want to go to Switzerland & go backpacking.

You’ve been called “a hunk of American man meat”; how do you feel about that?

Honored and yet slightly uncomfortable but I’ll allow it. It was one of the best days of my life.

What is your pet peeve?

When somebody starts saying something but then says “Oh wait, never mind” & flaky people.

What is the most important thing you look for in a girl?

Someone who is genuine.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

It was 1st grade & I was at my friend Keelen Wolfe’s house & I really had to go the bathroom right? And for some reason I was too embarrassed to ask where the bathroom was so we were all inside playing a game & I said “Hold on, I’ll be right back,” so I go outside & poop on their concrete patio even though there was a whole grass area. So later, we went outside to play & everyone saw the poop and I blamed it on their dog, Seymour. Turns out where I had been pooping there was a glass window & my friend’s mom saw everything – she called my mom & I got grounded for three weeks.

What is something people don’t know about you?

I can pick up objects with my toes.

How many pairs of crocs do you own?

4; The reason I wear crocs is because my feet get really sweaty, but I don’t like stuff between my toes so flip flops don’t work, & neither do shoes; also you can wear them with anything – at least I do.

Best class you’ve taken while at SCU?

RSOC 10 (Asian Religious Studies); David Gray is literally the best religion teacher of all time.

What is your spirit animal?

Red Panda. Calm but aggressive.

Most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

I used to write poems every Friday for my girlfriend back in high school.

What is your favorite song to jam out to?

“Your Song” by Elton John

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Jasmine – she’s a risk taker I love it .

Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).