books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Best Coffee Shops Around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Finals week is fast approaching which means less sleep and more caffeine. For everyone from the roasted bean aficionados, food fanatics, and all of us that just need a cuppaJoe to get through the next hour in the library, I present a compilation of the best coffee shops around Santa Clara.

City Lights Espresso

Located right off campus on Homestead Road, City Lights is a cute shop perfect for a quiet study nook. Better yet, the shop is on Tapingo, so it’s perfect for a pick up and go.

Philz Coffee

Philz is located in the heart of downtown San Jose and is constantly bustling with students, passersby, and coffee addicts. They’ve got a variety of gourmet specialties that are sure to satisfy any caffeine craving. If you’re looking for something different, try their mint mojito.

Crema Coffee Roasting Company

Located down the Alameda, Crema Coffee Co. is not only a coffee shop but also a bakery. Satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy the vintage vibe at this shop. You won’t miss the large coffee grinder and walls of beans, teas, and other treats.

Heartbeat Café

Heartbeat is an adorable shop where you can grab a snack, a cold drink, or something to warm yourself up. The antiquated feel in the building and the cute dishware makes it look like a preserved café from the past.

B2 Coffee

This industrial shop has an assortment of local coffees and is an awesome place to hangout and grab a bite. It’s located in downtown San Jose and has an urban, garage-like feel that definitely should be Instagrammed.

Hannah Coffee & Sweets

A corner shop and bakery, this charming café specializes in latte art and artistic sugary treats, so have your camera on the ready. It’s located right down the Alameda, perfect for a short bike ride or long stroll.

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf

Just a few miles from campus, The Coffee Bean satisfies your desire for an urban, hipster café. With chalkboard menus and a friendly staff, this is a great place for an outing or a study spot.

Stop by one of these places to refuel during your next study break!

Bethool is in her second year studying Biochemistry and Philosophy. She loves reading all kinds of books, photography, exploring the great outdoors, and playing music.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.