This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

When people think of Music Festivals in California, the one the usually comes to mind is Coachella. But there are plenty of great festivals and concerts right here in the Bay Area! Check out these options:

Outside Lands

August 11-13, 2017

Outside Lands is basically the Bay Area’s Coachella. Set in Golden Gate Park, there are several stages that host big names such as Elton John, Paul McCartney, and Kanye West. This year’s headliners include Metallica, The Who, Gorillaz, Lorde, and A Tribe Called Quest.  Outside Lands is also known for its delicious food and drink selections. Tickets range from $355-$765.

Treasure Island Music Festival

This year will be the Treasure Island Music Festival’s first year relocating off the island—location to be announced. This festival is known for being a smaller and more manageable festival than Outside Lands. It has everything from great shuttle transportation, food trucks, and a Ferris wheel with great views of the Bay. Hip hop and electronica happen on day one and rock and indie on day two. Tickets range from $105-$355.

Bottle Rock 

May 26-28, 2017

Located in Napa Valley, this festival is a three-day music, art, food, beer, and wine festival held at the end of May. It has hosted names such as Imagine Dragons, Stevie Wonder, Snoop Dogg, and Florence + the Machine. This year’s headliners include Foofighters, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, and Maroon 5. The food has been called ‘fancy’ but the wine is sure to be amazing. Tickets for this year are sold out on their website, so if you’re interested, try to pick one up on Ticketmaster.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 

October 6-8, 2017

This is a free festival in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, with more than 100 musical acts on 7 stages. Spread over 3 days, there are a wide array of acts of all different styles, and even a silent disco.

Live 105’s BFD

June 10, 2017

Hosted by Live 105, this festival kicks off summer every year at the Shoreline Amphitheater. This year the headliners on the Main Stage will include Phoenix, Franz Ferdinand, Cold War Kids, Milky Chance, and Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness. They have a special ‘Subsonic’ Tent, Bud Light Festival Stage, and a Local Band Stage to showcase some local musicians! Tickets range from $37.50-$125. (Tip: get a discount if you purchase 4 lawn tickets!)

Check out some of these events near SCU and enjoy a great music festival, without driving all the way to SoCal! 

Sofia is from the San Francisco Bay Area and studies Political Science (plus a million other minors). Sofia writes about style, travel, food and coffee on her blog, www.sofialeyla.com . In her free time, catch her hammocking by Bellomy Field or finding her zen in yoga class.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.