5 Reasons to Travel With Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Now that spring is in full swing, it’s time to start planning summer trips. Instead of the typical family vacation this summer, why not try going on a trip with your best friend!

Traveling with your best friend presents many challenges, but so many more rewards. Here are some reasons traveling with your best friend is one of the best experiences you’ll ever have:

1.      Planning is Super Exciting

I love to plan trips, because it gives you something to look forward to (and helps you make it through the stress of school). Planning a trip with your best friend is even more exciting than normal. Take your laptop, a notebook, and some maps to your favorite coffee shop and dedicate an afternoon to figuring out your itinerary.

2. It’s Okay to Make Mistakes

If you miss your train or take a wrong turn, everything will still be okay because you are in it together. It may not seem like it now, but these mishaps will be funny to look back on, and may lead you to something great, like a hip store hidden just off the beaten path.

3. It’s Good to Try New Things

Traveling presents so many great opportunities to try new things. Whether it’s an interesting new food or a scary experience like skydiving, having your best friend by your side will give you the courage to try these new things that will turn into unforgettable memories.

4.  You Work Better as a Team

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I suck at navigating. My best friend is awesome at getting us where we need to go and figuring out public transportation. Naturally, when we are together she is in charge of directions, and I’m in charge of scouting out places to visit or cafés that look delicious.

5. You’ll Make Awesome Memories

Traveling with your family has its ups and downs, and traveling with your best friend has its ups and downs too. But it’s mostly just ups. Visiting new places is already exciting, so having your favorite person by your side makes it even better. I mean, how awesome is it to be in Paris watching the lights of the Eiffel Tower twinkle at midnight with your best friend by your side! 

Sofia is from the San Francisco Bay Area and studies Political Science (plus a million other minors). Sofia writes about style, travel, food and coffee on her blog, www.sofialeyla.com . In her free time, catch her hammocking by Bellomy Field or finding her zen in yoga class.
Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).