5 Pumpkin Spice Things that Aren’t the PSL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Are you ever tired of being called basic but refuse to put down your PSL because it’s just so damn good?  Are you obsessed with the exciting fall flavor of Pumpkin Spice? Or are you a foodie who enjoys tasting interesting things and writing reviews of them like me? If you answered yes to any of the questions, or are just up for a fun challenge, give these products a try! Here are 5 Pumpkin Spice/Pumpkin Pie things that I tried over the past few weeks, ranked from best to worst in my opinion.

1. Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Caramel Squares

I’m literally fighting the urge to not type in all caps right now because of how delicious these were. It tasted like all the wonderful things about fall packed into a little chocolate square. If you like Ghirardelli chocolate (Let’s be honest, who doesn’t?) and are even okay with Pumpkin Spice, you’ll love this! Thank you for this perfection, Ghirardelli. 5/5

1. IHOP’s Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

I walked into IHOP with high expectations and I wasn’t disappointed. Within the first few bites, I was obsessed. It was the perfect amount of pumpkin spice flavor on their famous light pancakes and it wasn’t overwhelming at all. After a while though, it was a little too sweet. I do tend to find a lot of foods too sweet though, so I imagine someone who has a sweet tooth would like this even more than I did. Overall, these pancakes were great and I would rate them a 4.5/5!

1. Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

I kept seeing ads for this product everywhere, to the point where I felt obligated to buy some and include it in my article. I don’t even eat Cheerios so I was worried about it going to waste, but boy I was wrong. It has a great blend of spices and pumpkin. It’s strongly flavored but not too sweet, which I love. I give this a solid 4/5.

1. Trader Joes Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

I’m absolutely obsessed with Trader Joes and rarely dislike anything I buy from there, so I obviously had high expectations. Unfortunately, I didn’t think this ice cream quite met the bar. The consistency was great just like their other ice creams, but I just thought the sweetness and spices were both way too overwhelming. Maybe it just wasn’t for me. 2/5

1. Pumpkin Spice Milano Cookies

I love Milano cookies, especially the dark chocolate kind, and I hadn’t bought them in a while so I was excited to try these.  Unfortunately, the pumpkin spice layer ruined the cookie for me. Usually, I’m afraid of the treat being too sweet but in this case, I felt like there needed to be more flavor. It was almost like eating a layer of a fall scented candle. (At least it smelled good, right?) 2/5

Try one of these the next time you’re craving something fall-y!

Sneha is a first year student and writer for HerCampus at Santa Clara University. She is obsessed with dog videos, mermaids, and referring to herself in third person. Her hobbies include strumming away on her guitar and singing to forget all her problems, binge watching Friends, and attempting to work out.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.