5 Countries That You Can Walk To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Is Benson getting a little redundant yet? Or a LOT redundant? Have no fear, there are many cultures just minutes away from campus waiting to feed you.  Several delicious and walkable restaurants just off of SCU grounds will surly bring some variety to your dining routines, without breaking your wallet.  Here are 5 easily accessible restaurants that will take you out of this country:

1. Jasmine Fine Thai Cuisine (10 minute walk):  Welcome to Thailand.  One of the most well known Thai dishes is called Pad Thai, a stir-fried rice noodle dish, and these guys make a pretty mean chicken Pad Thai.  Favorites are Pad See Ew noodles, yellow curry chicken, satay chicken, drunken beef noodles, and pineapple fried rice.  The service is sometimes very quick or sometimes on the slow side, but the quality of food is on point.

2. Mondo Burrito (5 minute walk):  Yum.  Anything you can ask for from a Mexican restaurant, from quesadillas, to tacos, to nachos, and of course burritos.  If you didn’t catch it in the title, they are famous for their burritos.  They are huge and will not break the bank.  Additionally, on Mondo Mondays there is a 25% discount for all SCU students!!

3. Four Seasons Pho (10 minute walk):  This is the perfect place to go for soup on a chilly day or if you are battling a cold.  This place is very authentic in that it doesn’t look like much from the outside, but pulls through with great tasting Vietnamese dishes.  Both the beef and chicken pho dishes are excellent if you are looking for a tasty soup and they are famous for their fresh spring rolls.  They are also known for having great service and fresh ingredients; I had an excellent and flavorful experience here.

4. Mio Vicino (10 minute walk):  Ciao!  This family owned restaurant will have you feeling like you’re in Italy.  The place is quaint with servers who are friendly and prompt with service, and the food is so fresh!  A universal favorite has to be the spaghetti with meat sauce.  While waiting for your meal, they serve ciabatta bread and roasted garlic!  This place has several options for appetizers, entrees, and desserts so there is something that everyone in your party will enjoy.

5. Ramen Taka (7 minute walk):  Just a short walk down the Alameda and you will find yourself a delicious place for some authentic ramen, different from the Styrofoam Top Ramen packs that you can probably find in your dorm room.  Both the Taka and Miso Ramen bowls here are popular paired with some fried rice.  The service is good and the restaurant has Asian decorations, lively music, and a friendly ambiance.  Many people, including myself, will know a good bowl of ramen when they taste one, and this place serves an awesome meal.