Harry Styles Releases “Sign of the Times”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

How old were you when you first danced arounf to “What Makes You Beautiful”? I was a 16 year old sophomore in high school, 2012. It hasn’t been long since One Direction announced their hiatus, and bid adieu. Although One Direction fans everywhere are still holding on to the hope that they will come back together again, and we can all experience those 1D concerts again (some of the most memorable moments of my life), I think everyone is very excited and proud of these solo explorations. Why not let them flourish on their own, too?

On this 7th day of April, 2017 we were gifted solo Harry. Zayn released his solo music in January 2016, Niall in September 2016, Louis in December 2016, Liam has yet to release any solo content but he did become a father this March. And now we get “Sign of the Times” Harry’s first solo song, and if this song is any indication of what else he has up his sleeve, I simply cannot wait!

We get a taste of a tone unlike any we’ve ever heard from Harry, 1D was more pop-rock than anything else, now we have this etheral rhythm. And those vocals! If you haven’t listened to it yet, you’re missing out.

Cover

Images: 1, 2

SCSU Campus Correspondant. Communication major, journalism minor.