7 Reasons Why Patrick Star Is My Spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

From the time I was young I realized that out of anyone in the world I most resonated with Patrick Star from SpongeBob SquarePants. Patrick is my spirit animal.  We are one in the same, and everything he does I can’t help but realize that I have at some point or will eventually do myself. Call Patrick what you will but it is evident that he is more than content with being exactly who he wants to be. Like that time when he helped SpongeBob realize, and accept that he was ugly and proud, a similar idea is saying “I’m Patrick and I’m proud!”  

1. Our killer dance moves 

I mean just look at those moves!  Patrick sure knows how to rock that underwater dance floor! I like to draw inspiration from Patrick and dance like nobody’s watching. His moves have saved me in awkward situations on the dance floor. Thanks Patrick!

2. Our friends = LIFE

Not only do I love my friends as much as Patrick loves SpongeBob, but without my friends I would not have a social life.

3. We will always be your #1 fan

Patrick and I are always ready to cheer our friends on in whatever it is they choose to do.  We are the world’s best cheerleaders!  Anything you need from us we are there to support you no matter the cause.  We want to see everyone happy!

4. Patrick and I are always happy

I mean just look at how cute he is when he’s happy!  Patrick and I have that in common, we both are always our happy go lucky selves. Nothing can bring us down from happy town!

5. Exercise is not really our thing

Exercise takes skill that Patrick and I don’t have.

6. All those infamous “Patrick moments”

We both have “Patrick moments” every once and a while, but you know what? That is what makes life much more fun!

7. Nobody touches our food…EVER

Patrick and I have one BIG thing in common and that is that nobody is EVER allowed to take our food.  Food is sacred to us and if our portion is touched then there will be hell to pay.

Thank you Patrick! For being so relatable to girls just like me! Stay flawless my dear friend and spirit animal!

Junior at SCSU, Communications major specializing in film production with an english minor. I hope you enjoy your day and always remember that you are flawless and completely loved!
SCSU Campus Correspondant. Communication major, journalism minor.