The 5 Things You Should Do the First Week of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

It’s the begining of a new semester and I think everyone wants to do their best. So here’s 5 things you should do the first week of the semester in order to almost guarentee success!

1. Clean & organize your desk/work space

It’s scientifically proven that having a clean work area allows you to stay focused while doing work. So, start the semester right by having a nice and clean work space.

2. Get a notebook and folder for every class

And color coordinate it, of course! Keeping your work and notes organized is super important if you are going to succeed in a crazy semester. 

3. Add assignments to your planner.

If you’re super crazy about organization like me, you use pen colors that coordinate to each folder to write down your assignments. It’s a bit extra, but it helps and makes your planner look fun.

4. Create a general assignment sheet

You may have your planner all sorted out but having a general assignment sheet with all of your big assignments hung up on your wall allows you to prepare for the future and have a quick an easy check off list that ends with finals.

5. Buy your books!

This is a kind of “duh” thing but if you buy your books now, even if they won’t be used until the last week of the semester, you give yourself time for price searching and shipping.

Pictures 1, 2, 3, 5 – Vittoria Cristante

Picture 4

Cover

Sophomore in the Honors College at Southern Connecticut. I'm a theatre major and aspire to be on Broadway.