5 Activities to Help You Battle Fear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but it feels as if the world just went topsy-turvy. Nothing is the same, because nothing will ever be. We’re groping blindly along into an era of uncertainty and fear. The latter patiently waits to pounce on us. Here’s something: do not succumb to fear. Fear, I’ve learned, can lead to self-fulfilling prophecies and loads of sleepless nights. Of course, we cannot rid ourselves of fear (nor do I recommend it), but we can do things to assuage it. Like, Google images of cats (that’s overrated.) Below are five things I do to battle fear of the unknown.

1. Watch your favorite TV shows

Seriously. Settle down, grab some popcorn, and revel in the drama of others. Because, frankly, things don’t look so bad when they’re not happening to us. 

2. Listen to music

Music solves everything. Bob your head along to your favorite song and forget there are fear-inducing humans everywhere.

3. Read a book 

Reading is probably the best thing you can do. Not only does it make you more empathetic but it also pulls your into worlds way cooler than ours.

4. Take a nap

Zzz…

A nap may not solve the world’s problems, but it will sure make you feel more energized and ready to tackle challenges that you did not ask for. 

5. Take a walk

Trust me. Nature will instantly improve your mood. 

Cover

GIF: 12, 3, 4, 5, 6

Gema is a sophomore English major at SCSU. She's obsessed with writing and has a slight addiction to buying books.