Your College Experience According to Bridesmaids

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Your dad calming down your sobbing mother dropping “her baby” off at college

2. Then you’re convinced you met your lifelong best friend and sister first week of freshman year

3. When you’re late to class and try to sneak in the back

4. When you get a test back and yell at yourself to seriously “get your shit together”

5. And then there’s that person in the class who gets 20 points higher than everyone else and really messes up that curve you were praying for

6. You use that bottle of vodka you are going to drink tonight an incentive to go to the gym

7. When the weekend is finally here

8. And you don’t have enough money, even for dollar beers

9. But somehow you end up drinking too much and have to convince the bartender not to cut you off

10. The feeling you have the next morning about all types of alcohol

11. And dealing with that friend who thinks every guy is obsessed with her

12. As if you didn’t embarrass yourself enough Thursday night, why not try again Friday and Saturday?

13. Then it’s 4 a.m., the pizza place is closed and all you want is a slice…. Or 5…with a side of mozz sticks…maybe chicken tenders too?

14. Sunday approaches and there’s that one friend who is too vulgar and asks too personal of a question

15. You’re so embarrassed of last night’s actions and never want to leave your bed, so your friend has to convince you that you shouldn’t transfer

16. College continues to fly by and with only a few short weeks left all your teachers decide to make tests the same week

17. But being a senior and earning yourself an A in the class, you try to get out of that final exam

18. You have a breakdown knowing graduation day is around the corner and you are still unemployed

19. But you realize it’s okay and to keep applying. I mean, at least you have the summer at the beach and applications to send for breakfast, lunch and dinner

20. And just like that senior year comes to a close and graduation day has arrived

21. Now, time to celebrate with your friends one final time in your dumpy college houses and the bars that you’re surprised never caved in on you

Congratulations to the Class of 2015. You’re almost there!

*Disclaimer: This article is not intended to promote drinking. 

Megan was born in NYC and is the youngest of four. She moved to a small town, Glen Rock, NJ shortly after her arrival. She graduated from The University of Scranton in May of 2015 with a BA in strategic communication. At the University, Megan was a member of the women's soccer team and a writer and feature story editor for HC Scranton. Megan is very active and takes on all sorts of fitness classes. Megan enjoys being surrounded by friends and family and going to her lake house on Brant Lake in the Adirondacks during the summer (ignore Blair Waldorf... the Adirondacks is a BEAUTIFUL place to vacation!)
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_