This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Whether you are in college, taking a year off, not going at all, work a part time/full time job- you are on your own path of life

There seems to be a stigma around not completing tasks at the same time as others. However, not every person is supposed to live the same life or else there would be no advancements taking place. Every person has their own goals and their own ambitions that drive them. College is not for everyone and that is okay. If you decide to pursue a college career, then props to you. If you decide to take a year off for whatever reason that’s okay too. If you decide to not attend college at all then that’s your decision and the path you are choosing. There are many people too focused on the successes of others that they are blinded. You cannot constantly compare yourself to others because that is simply not the same path you are going down.

Often, you can be your worst enemy.  

Constant comparisons will discourage you and stunt your overall growth as a person. The world would be pretty boring if everyone did the same exact thing at the same time. As long as you do not lose sight of the person you are and striving to be then your path will lead you. This is not me telling you that you should sit around and do nothing. This is me telling you that your choices everyday define you as a person– not anyone else

If there is something you want, you must work to get it but if there is something you just envy that is not the right road to force yourself onto. Take deep breaths and remember that every day you are working to enhance your life and become the person you want to be. You have your entire life to change your mind and to accomplish your goals. It does not matter what time schedule you follow as long as you are doing what is right for you. 

I am currently a junior majoring in psychology at the University of Scranton. I am Scranton born and raised. I plan on attending grad school after completing my studies at the University. I also love to write about almost anything especially in regards to mental health.
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.