Yes, I got a lip tattoo, and here’s why.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

I’ve always wanted a tattoo but I change my mind a lot.. a lot, a lot. I was afraid I would instantly regret my decision to get something permanently inked on my body. Then I discovered lip tattoos. The more I looked into getting an interior lip tattoo the more I fell in love with the idea. Here’s why…

1. Small Size, Small Price

We all know tattoos can be extremely expensive depending on the size of the tattoo. Luckily, the inside of your lip is a small area and therefore your tattoo must also be small. This saves you big bucks when it comes time to pay for your tattoo. Most tattoo parlors will charge the parlor’s minimum for these tiny tattoos. Small size also means less pain. Everyone has a different pain tolerance but lip tattoos do not take long to complete because of their small size, so the pain only lasts a few minutes! 

2. Shhh… It’s a Secret

Parents won’t let you get a tattoo? Career prohibits tattoos that show? Lip tattoos are hidden. No one will see it if you don’t want it to be seen… except for your dentist!

3. Time Flies When You Have a Lip Tattoo

Whether you love your lip tattoo or regret it immediately after, the tattoo will go away. The saliva in your mouth slowly fades the tattoo. The timeline varies for each individual but the tattoo can be gone in a few months to a couple years.

So, if you’re like me and always wanted a tattoo but couldn’t make up your mind, consider a lip tat! 

Olivia Pisarski

Scranton '22

First-year Biochemistry major at The University Of Scranton.
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.