This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

As Mother’s Day quickly approaches (May 10th!), I think it is necessary to take the time to appreciate and thank our mothers for everything they have done, especially during this tough time. With coronavirus being the lead topic on our minds and finals and uncertainty remain, it is easy to overlook important days such as Mother’s Day. In honor of Mother’s Day, I wanted to compile all the reasons why daughters love and appreciate our moms. 

We love our moms because they are always there for us, no matter what time of day. 

We love our moms because they are our best friends and caretakers wrapped into one. 

We love our moms because she is always right (mother knows best!). 

We love our moms for their compassion, kindness and strength, always shining through everything she does. 

We love our moms because they go leaps and bounds for us, even if we do not deserve it at the moment. 

We love our moms because they always have a homecooked meal on the table ready for us when we return from college. 

We love our moms because they are always a call or text away; they are someone you can vent to, share your exciting news with or share funny things that happen throughout the day. 

We love our moms because they are the ultimate role model. 

We love our moms because they have shaped us into everything that we are and aspire to be. 

We love our moms because they can turn a rainy day into a sunny one with hope peeking through the clouds. 

We love our moms because they have given us everything we need to succeed and support our journey every step of the way.

We love our moms, for all of these reasons and more.

To my mom, my best friend, role model and teacher: I love you. Thank you for everything you have done for me and continue to do for me. I would not be where I am without you. Thank you for always picking up the phone whenever I need you, even if it is four times a day. Thank you for being my friend even when all my friends got up and walked out on me, leaving me with no one. Thank you for being the “cool mom” that everyone wishes they had. Thank you for passing on your beauty and wit onto me, so that every time someone expresses, “You look exactly like your mom” or “You are just like your mother,” I smile and believe it to be the ultimate compliment. I love you more than anything (even coffee, and we both know that’s a LOT). “Where you lead, I will follow.”

Emma Reed

Scranton '22

Emma is currently a sophomore at the University of Scranton studying secondary education with an English concentration. She is a coffee/book addict and a Taylor Swift enthusiast ??
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.