This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

To all my die-hard Bachelor fans, if you are anything like me then you could hardly wait for this epically dramatic season of The Bachelor to begin! *cue Chris Harrison* I don’t know about you but I am LOVING this season with Arie as the new bachelor: the hot, mature, 36 year-old racecar driver.  I personally don’t know how ex-bachelorette, Emily Maynard, didn’t choose him.  Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic, but I am completely engaged in this journey that 29 lucky women get to take to possibly engage the love of their life!  Although I wish I was a contestant, I am LOVING watching these girls fight for Arie’s heart and I cannot wait to see who he chooses!  Every season I sit in front of my tv, wine in my hand, fangirling over this show.  Some may not understand the obsession, but here are a few reasons why I am such a fan and would LOVE to be on the show…

1. You can fall in love

How could you not want an opportunity to fall in love?  The tingling and exciting feeling you get in your stomach, your heart races and all you do is think of that person for whom you’re falling.  The Bachelor makes it easy for this to happen, in a care-free enviornment.

2. You go on romantic and extravagant dates

Drinking champagne on yachts, flying on private airplanes, super romantic candlelit dinners?  Count me in!  Who wouldn’t want to be pampered (for free) exploring the possibility of falling in love with a gorgeous man.  The one-on-one dates the contestants go on are out of this world.  To me, it seems too good to be true. 3. You travel the world

From beautiful beaches to historic European cities these bachelor contestants get to travel to so many exotic and unique destinations!  How nice would it be to pick up and go to a brand new place each week?  Keep in mind the contestants stay in top of the lines resorts and hotels.  This is definitely an experience of a lifetime. 4. You meet new friends

Some of the friendships made on the bachelor are legendary.  Jojo and Becca are a classic pair of besties, they even have a collaboration together for the Dermalogica face products line, HOW COOL.  Despite all the drama that the show has, I think most of it is exaggerated, and the girls do form great friendships.   

5. You potentially become engaged!   

And the best part of the whole experience is if you happen to be the lucky girl who steals the bachelor’s heart, you get engaged!  It is hard not to cry during the extremely romantic, lovey dovey proposals and the end of the season.  It is so much fun, and entertaining to watch people fall in love, and gives me hope for myself one day.

Kaitlin is a junior Early and Primary Childhood Education major, and due to her love for children, hopes to become a teacher. She also plans on studying abroad in Australia next semester. Besides going to class, she loves spending time with her family and friends. Some of Kaitlin's favorite things include summertime, country music, reading, and being near the water.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so