This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

If you are young and lost, here are some things I’ve come to learn in college so far that may help you like it helped me:

1. Do not go looking for validation of your beauty or self-worth from a boy. If you do not already believe in your own worthiness, it can only be dangerous to try to find it from someone else.

2. No one is going to look at you and see all the flaws that are constantly running through your head.

3. Don’t ever regret trying. For once, don’t be the fearful one. Someone needs to be the fearless one. Let it be you.

4. Always be as confident as you are on your good days.

5. Remind yourself that you do have good day. When a good day happens, be grateful and don’t forget it.

6. Forming relationships with people will help you grown and learn. No matter what kind of relationships or how they come to be or end.

7. You are better than you used to be. Be proud of this.

8. Talking about it with a friend will make you feel better.

9. You are important. You can’t let yourself forget that. You’ve suffered for too long doubting your importance.

10. There are things that make you love life. When the weather is nice, when someone tells you that you are good at something, when you choose to socialize, when you get a good grade, when you try a new food, when you discover a new song. These things happen every day. Appreciate them.

11. Compliment people. It will make them love life, as well as yourself.

12. Don’t take your friendships for granted. Always be the friend you want in others.

13. Don’t let other people ruin your favorite songs.

14. Don’t let other people shame you for your actions. Don’t regret becoming friends with the loud girl in your English class. Don’t regret staying up late when you have class early the next morning. Don’t regret going out on the weekends. These moments shape your college experience and memories.

Kassaundra Thiel is an avid coffee drinker and fashion fanatic attending the University of Scranton seeking a degree in Biochemistry, with a minor in Philosophy. 
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so