This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Summer is just around the corner, and I could not be more excited for the warmth of the sun on my face, time with friends, and vacations up ahead. And because of that I made some goals for myself to accomplish this summer that I think a lot of college students heading home for the summer will agree with.

These goals for me stem from feeling like I have missed out in the past on adventures I didn’t think I could do, things I have been wanting to do for a long time, or just opportunities that I have wanted to take.

A first big goal for me this summer is to read more. As a kid I always hated reading because I thought it was boring. But my mom is an English teacher, so I always had to read over my summers. Now, that I have enjoyed reading two recommended series by my close friends, I actually love to read once I find a good book. So, this summer I hope to finish a series and read more interesting books.

The second goal I suggest is to make time to spend with friends and family. Too many times in the past when I have gone home from college I have become sort of a home-body. Mostly because it was just easy to sit at home and relax all summer. But one thing I have learned this past year, is that I am my best self when I am spending time and doing things with the people I care about.

My third big goal I would suggest to people is to find time to think about your future. I am a junior in college and I could not be more worried about what I am doing next after I graduate. The big thing for me is that there is so many options out in the world to choose to do. Because of this it can be overwhelming when having to decide so quickly. So, I suggest no matter how old you are, you think a bit about what you want to do in life, not only your career.

Along my other goal suggestions, I recommend you find time for yourself this summer. Making sure you are healthy, happy, mentally okay, and physically doing well is the most important goal of your life. With everything going on in the world today it is important to make sure that you are doing okay enough to keep going and living the life you want to. Whether this means writing in a journal, talking to someone, or just sitting with your thoughts for a bit every day you can see yourself grow and become stronger for you.

Hi I am a sophomore at the University of Scranton.