This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Before coming to this school, I was a little nervous about finding good vegan food in the Scranton area. In my hometown vegan food is so readily available. Virtually anywhere I go I do not have to worry about being able to eat something there. To my surprise I was so very wrong. I am going to share with you some of my favorite places to eat that is not on the University of Scranton’s campus!

Eden- 344 Adams Ave, Scranton, PA 18503

• This is my absolute favorite place for vegan comfort food. The entire menu is vegan and delicious. They have refreshing smoothies, juicy plant-based burgers, and treats from local bakeries. I recommend The Reuben sandwich with a side of the smashed potatoes.

Harvest Seasonal Grill- 7011 Shoppes Blvd, Moosic, PA 18507

• I discovered this place at the beginning of last semester and the number of times I have been there since is astronomical. Everyone I have brought to this place has absolutely loved it and I am so sure you will too. They have a seasonally changing menu, and they use the most farm fresh food in every dish. They also have a plant-based menu with tons of options. My favorite appetizer on the menu is kung pao cauliflower ‘wings’ but everything I have tried has been amazing.
  •  

Jitty Joes- 4211 Birney Ave, Moosic, PA 18507

• This is the best ice cream shop in Scranton in my opinion. They serve mostly dairy ice cream, but they have homemade dairy free hard ice cream which is absolutely to die for. I recommend the vegan blueberry pancake or vegan cookies and cream, topped with sprinkles and Oreos of course!

State Street Grill- 114 S State St, Clarks Summit, PA 18411

• I first tried this place for brunch, and I absolutely loved it. They have lots of delicious seasonal options that are always changing. The décor in the restaurant is beautiful and it’s the perfect place to dress up with your friends for any meal. I recommend the cauliflower steak.

Yume- 825 N Keyser Ave, Scranton, PA 18504

• If you love sushi this is the place to go. Most people at the U love Osaka but I think this place has by far better rolls and a better selection. They have a whole section of the menu that are just veggie rolls, and my current favorite is the crunchy edamame roll.

Northern Lights- 536 Biden St, Scranton, PA 18503

• This one is for all my coffee lovers out there. I am a huge coffee drinker ask anyone that knows me. I will always recommend a lavender vanilla oat milk cappuccino; it is absolutely divine. They also have an array of vegan snacks and a rotating food menu that has a delightful vegan chili. 

Thank you for reading about my favorite places to eat in the Scranton area and I hope you can make as great of memories eating their food with friends and family as I have.

Xoxo- Kathleen

Kathleen Appau

Scranton '24

Hey I'm Kathleen and I am a third year occupational therapy student with a health administration minor. I love animals and i have the sweetest greyhound named Dustin. I love to hang out with my friends and to make memories doing new things. I am so excited to be a part of HER campus this semester.