timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

After a long week of tests, papers, professors and bosses we all desperately need to relax during weekend. Most of us find relief in Thursday through Saturday night.  We all love nights spent with our friends that create some of the best college memories. Here is a timeline of a typical college night out:

5:00 P.M.- DINNERFood get in my belly! This is where the weekend excitement begins. Eat as much as you can, so you won’t get hungry later. Over dinner, grab some of your friends and discuss the weekend plans.

6:00 P.M.Text everyone in your phone and see what they have planned for the night. Find out who is going to which party, who is going to the bar and plan accordingly. Most importantly though, where is the cute boy you’ve had your eye on all semester going to be tonight?!

7:00 P.M.Decide if tonight you really want to go out. But who are we kidding, every night is a going out night. Group chats are going crazy, blowing up your phone with everyone’s’ plans. You hear of a few good houses and decide it is necessary to make a stop at each party and eventually the bars, too.

8:00 P.M.Take a break before the night begins: call your mom, watch a few episodes of your favorite show on Netflix wearing nothing but your towel.

9:00 P.M.Get the party started! Friends start meeting up, bottles are opening and the music is loud. This is also the time to start deciding what to wear! Is it shorts weather yet? Can I break out my new super cute romper? Will I be too cold in a tank top? Multiple outfits are being tried on as you attempt to find the perf one.

10:00 P.M.Pre-game!!!!! Taking shots, taking pictures, taking selfies! This is the time to get the perfect picture for every form of social media to document your night, everyone is looking good before the night out gets to your makeup and hair. After taking tons of pictures, you get the one for Instagram. Will it be Valencia or X-Pro II??

11:00 P.M.Feeling warm and giggly you and your group of friends head out to the selected destination. Will it be house packed with a bunch of your friends? How long will it take to reach the keg?

12:00 A.M.OMG THIS IS OUR SONGGG! You and your BFFs start dancing like crazy, not caring what you look like. If I had a dollar for every time I heard “Come on Eileen” I would be able to pay my tuition, debt free.

12:30 A.M.There is the hottie you’ve wanted to see out!! You easily convince yourself to make some moves toward him. You become much more confident with a few drinks in you, so its easy to begin talking to him. As the convo gets started you say silly things that sober you will regret tomorrow. MISSION ABORT! Time to pretend your friend needs you and tell him you’ll talk to him later.

1:00 A.M.Party’s over, everyone has left the bar, what now?! PIZZA. You can’t go home hungry with an empty belly, so as always, pizza is the answer. CK’s or Goodfellas? Decision made: a dollar slice at Goodfellas with a side of ranch will never fail to cure your drunken cravings.

2:00 A.M.Back in your room it’s time to drink some water, change into your pajamas, take off your makeup and quickly discuss the events of the night with your quad-mates/apartment-mates/housemates. After a quick recap and some more water, you get into bed and grab your phone to check Insta and Twitter. Then, you fall asleep thinking about what you want for brunch tomorrow and hoping college nights will never end.

Jenna Bruchalski is a junior at The University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Business. She is a Jersey girl who loves life, iced coffee and America. Jenna loves to travel, being at the beach and spending time with her family and friends. You can find her on campus wearing her monogrammed necklace, either reading celebrity news or on any form of social media. Jenna is very excited to be a part of the Her Campus team! Follow her on Instagram @jennabruch
Latrice is a junior communication major at The University of Scranton.  Besides being a burrito connoisseur, she prides herself on her often confusing yet entertaing instagram posts (@leebea_) and how much time she spends perfecting her pinterest boards. After graduating she hopes to work in public relations. She is so happy to be apart of the HC Scranton team. 
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_