Trouble in Paradise? The Bachelor Episode that Shook the Nation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

WARNING: THERE WILL BE SPOLIER CONETENT IF YOU DID NOT WATCH THE BACEHLOR EPISODE FROM MONDAY MARCH 4th!

Monday, March 4th, was the night that all of Bachelor Nation was waiting: Colton jumped the mother f****ing fence. 

Honestly, I have no idea where to start with this episode because so much happened. Between Colton and Tayshia’s sweet, yet underwhelming date to the Cassie shit storm, I am going to give some of my thoughts and opinions on how I feel the anticipated finale is going to play out. Here we go!

So first of all, during this whole episode Colton was making too many cringe-worthy jokes about being a virgin. We get it sister; this whole season has been involved around your virginity. 

Now, I like Colton and Tayshia a lot and I think they would make a nice couple. They have a lot of the same values and morals which is very important, but after their night in the fantasy suite it just got awkward. No, Colton did not lose his virginity. The two just had valuable conversations which is a step in the forward direction. Like I said they are a nice couple, but maybe a little boring? Or safe? I’m not sure, but something is just off.

Cassie, Cassie, Cassie… where do I begin? She has been a front-runner this whole season, and my personal favorite. I love her California vibe and I believe she is a genuine person. People think she’s an actress or just on this season to be the Bachelorette, but I think there is something more to her. So, Colton and Cassie have the dreamiest date in Portugal, but it goes all wrong when Colton mentions that he did not get her dad’s blessing for an engagement. That throws Cassie for a loop and honestly, I would feel the same way. Yes, this is her life but knowing she has her family’s back is so important. What do you know, two seconds after that conversations with Colton, her dad shows up. They have a real conversation on her confusion with 

Colton and she decides she should leave because it is unfair to Colton. 

I think that Colton and Cassie’s “last conversation” was one of the most gut-wrenching scenes in Bachelor history, I was sobbing watching. Cassie tells Colton that she is feeling unsure about an engagement at the end of this and she feels that she loves him but is not in love. I get it, she is a 23-year-old girl and wants to have fun! At the same time, she is on the Bachelor, what did she think was going to happen? Colton basically admits he is so in love with her and wanted to be with her at the end. My heart literally dropped when this happened. I want them to be together so bad. I do not think this a case of cold feet for Cassie, I think this was a case of her whole journey hitting her in the face and she is realizing this is coming to an end. This was the girl Colton wanted to lose his virginity, and she left. 

SOOOOOOOOO, here are my theories!

Cassie leaves and Colton hops that damn fence out of anger and hurt. I think what he is going to do is try to go on his date with Hannah G (who got no air time this episode) and in the middle of it tell her he can’t go through with this and admits he is in love with Cassie. I also think he is going to tell the same to Tayshia. I think somehow, he is going to either talk or go see Cassie and he will go through the final rose ceremony with her. Here is the kicker though: there will be no engagement, but they make a promise to date. I am honestly happy that this season of the Bachelor is breaking the stereotypical mold and is showing that it is okay to not get engaged right at once. It is okay to take your time and date. I honestly think Colton and Cassie can be together for the rest of their lives. Tune in next Monday and Tuesday to see what happens! 

Alessia Brunori

Scranton '21

Life isn't all diamonds and rosé, but it should be... Just a Scranton girl, trying to make it big someday;)
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.