Top 8 Fashion Trends For The Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

With the month of April just barely beginning, I began to think to myself, “Wow, it’s springtime and summer is just around the corner.” With that thought in my mind, I looked into my closet only to find all my warm fuzzy sweaters, boots and long-sleeve shirts. I realized the need for spring clothing was creeping up on me. So, like the fashion addict and shopaholic I am, I went on Pinterest to find the top trends for this spring/summer season. Below are some of the most popular style ideas for this season!

1. Off the shoulder shirts – A perfect top for dressing up or dressing down

2. Skirts – adds a touch of femininity to any outfit

3. Distressed Capris – perfect to pair with all sorts of shirts for a cute put-together look

4. Embroidery – gives a unique, bright and happy appearance 

5. Stripes – can be preppy, nautical and flirty all at once

6. Wrap Dresses – very flattering and lightweight 

7. White Sneakers – Don’t know what shoes to wear? Throw these on!

8. Chunky Heels – so much easier to walk in that regular heels!

For more fashion inspiration check out Scranton’s Her Campus Instagram @hcscranton!

Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?