This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Halloween was always such a special time for me as a kid. I would dress up for the Halloween parade at school, go trick-or-treating, spend the night with my friends and family and not to mention the piles of candy I gathered. Although, I do not go out trick-or-treating, I will spend the night watching my favorite Disney Halloween Movies and relax, especially now being a college student.  

Halloweentown Series  

The Halloweentown series will always be my favorite and go-to Halloween movies. From Marnie finding out she was a witch and saving her family and the town in the first movie, then going to college in Halloweentown and saving it again in the final movie, I was there for it all. Marnie was always around for her family and friends even when Kalabar’s son pretended to love her and she had to defeat him (btw she was too good for him), she always ended up doing the right thing by her family. 

Twitches & Twitches Too  

These movies are ICONIC! I was amazed with the idea of twins being separated at birth and to only discover each other during their teenage years and the idea of themselves being witches… Like what!?! Although Alexandra and Camryn never knew of each other until the day they met, their bond became unbreakable. The movies display a great relationship between sisters and enjoyable to watch.   

Frankenweenie 

Now, who doesn’t love a movie that displays a bond a person has with a pet. This is a cute and humorous animated movie where Victor, a boy, tries to bring back to life his pup, Sparky, after Sparky was hit by a car. The movie models after the infamous tale of “Frankenstein” but rather for doing it for science, Victor only wants his best friend, Sparky, back with him. This movie tugs on my heart everytime but it it well worth it.  

I have grown up with all of these movies and I will never grow out of them. Even in 10, 20, 30 years from now, I will still watch these movies. I certainly will be watching these movies on Halloween after work and enjoying the last day of the spooky season. Have a safe Halloween and I hope these movies add to your Halloween movie list! 

I have grown up with all of these movies and I will never grow out of them. Even in 10, 20, 30 years from now, I will still watch these movies. I certainly will be watching these movies on Halloween after work 

and enjoying the last day of the spooky season. Have a safe Halloween and I hope these movies add to your Halloween movie list!

University of Scranton 2023 Nursing Major "Happiness is a state of mind. It's just according to the way you look at things" - Walt Disney
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.