This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.
Tangled

Tangledis an exciting cartoon based on the story of Rapunzel but with an added twist. The movie follows Rapunzel on her journey to fulfill her dream of seeing the floating lanterns released. The movie has loveable characters, unexpected plot twists, catchy songs, and quote humorous! I highly recommend this movie if you haven’t seen it yet. Both males and females of all ages can enjoy it.

My Rating: 10/10

Coco

The movieCocois about a boy named Miguel who loves music. The storyline follows Miguel on the Day of the Dead while he discovers about his family history, his talent for singing, and the history of his favorite musician. The movie has amazing music and extremely touching scenes and relationships. Overall, Cocohas a great storyline and is a must see Disney movie for people of all ages!

My Rating: 9/10

Meet the Robinsons

Meet the Robinsonsis about an orphan named Lewis who is an inventor. He ends up traveling to the future with another boy named Wilbur. Lewis loves the future. However, he must keep it a secret that he is from the past. The storyline includes many great quotes, including one of Walt Disney’s, “Keep Moving Forward.”  I recommend this movie, especially for children, because it has great lessons and is very entertaining!

My Rating: 8/10

Big Hero 6

Big Hero 6takes place in San Fransokyo. The story revolves around the main character, a boy named Hiro, who is an inventor. He has an adorable sidekick named Baymax who is a robot designed for health care purposes and other inventor friends. The movie is extremely exciting and includes endearing scenes, as well as, action scenes. I highly recommend this movie for people of all ages!

My Rating:10/10

Mulan

I am sure that most people know the story of Mulan. She is woman who pretends to be a man in order to take her father’s place in the war. This is absolutely one of the best Disney movies. Mulan’s faithful sidekick, Mushu, Cri-Kee, and Khan, make the story even more enjoyable. I recommend this movie if you have not seen it yet or even if you have seen it. The great storyline almost never gets old! 

My Rating: 10/10

Saving Mr. Banks

This may be the most underrated Disney movie on my list. Saving Mr. Bankstells the story of the author of the popular book and film Mary Poppins, Pamela Travers. The movie’s main storyline follows the actual making of the Mary Poppins movie and shows flashbacks from Travers’ childhood. The story is extremely interesting because it portrays the actual personalities of Travers and Walt Disney. 

My Rating: 8/10

WALL-E

The story follows WALL-E, a robot, on an adventure in space. His epic journey includes him meeting another robot named Eve and many humans. This movie is adorable and touching. I recommend this movie for people of all ages!

My Rating: 7/10

Enchanted

Enchantedis a mixture of animated and live action, which makes it unique. It follows Giselle, who is from a perfect animated world, but she finds herself in the real world in New York City. At first she is lost and confused but she learns to love NYC. This movie has likeable characters and many quotable lines. The music in Enchantedis extremely catchy! Overall, I highly recommend this movie!

My Rating: 8/10

Wreck-It Ralph

Wreck-It Ralphis about a video game villain named Ralph. He is basically exiled and underappreciated by the other characters in his game, so he runs away. The story follows Ralph’s adventure outside of his game. The movie is extremely creative in portraying what it is like to live in a video game! The story has sentimental scenes and action scenes, which makes it enjoyable for all people! I highly recommend this movie; it is one of my favorites!

My Rating: 10/10

Monsters University

This movie is a prequel to Monsters Inc. and tells the story of how Sully and Mike became friends. The storyline is filled with exciting plot twists. Also, it is extremely interesting to see the twists they put on an original college, such as monster themed majors. Overall, this story makes you understand and care for Mike and Sully in a different way than before. It also includes a few new characters that are extremely loveable.

My Rating: 9/10

Erin Palermo

Scranton '22

Hi, I am Erin! I am a Disney connoisseur and I love to bake! "All you need is faith, trust, and a little pixie dust" -Peter Pan
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.