This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

College is full of parties, whether they are at your house, at someone else’s, or somewhere in-between.  It is totally different being at your own…because seriously, that couch we bought is like brand new.  

1. Private Property

a. Attending one: Not worrying that your cup of beer was just pushed out of your hand and onto the carpet, because its not like you’re actually going to clean it up anyway. Duh.

b.Throwing one: Handing out coasters and napkins, because that might be a yard sale coffee table, but to you it cost two long weeks of hard and dreadful physical labor (AKA: babysitting).

2. Bathroom Mayhem

a. Attending one: Not caring that the toilets are clogged because you broke the seal an hour ago. Even though your house is next door, there is absolutely no reason you should put effort into walking 12 steps.

b. Throwing one: Wishing you had enough money to put port-a-potties outside because cleaning toilets is not your favorite Sunday morning activity…wait someone remind me who are these people in my presence again?

3. Adventure Time

a. Attending one: Giving yourself a self-guided tour through whichever house you go to, because it is imperative to know how they decorated and most importantly, to convince yourself your house is still more likely to be on Pinterest.

b. Throwing one: Dead-bolting your bedroom door and hiding the key in a locked safe, because your DVD collection of The OC and the Ikea furniture you just put together are the only possessions you have…side note…I wonder if that 6’4” boy from math class wants to be a security guard?

4. Squad deep?

a. Attending one: Inviting your whole clan to the party you heard about, because you would rather die than show up alone…even though you know exactly who is going to be there.

b. Throwing one: Uninviting half of your own friends because too many people are coming and they’ll easily be forced to find somewhere else to go (hopefully).

5. Jungle Beats, Holla at Me

a. Attending one: Not even paying attention to the music because you can barely hear it anyway… “70’s Rock Pandora…perfect, 90’s Summer Hits…even better!”

b. Throwing one: Severe anxiety because you realized your speakers aren’t loud enough. So you make a playlist 10 minutes before everyone starts coming that included what “good” music actually is..Jordan Belforttttttt

Emily Darcy is a sophomore at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication, with a track in Advertising. She is one of the social media correspondents for HCScranton, and loves being apart of the team. Emily loves hanging out with her friends, eating pizza and vacationing in Naples, Florida.
Emily is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication, with a focus in Public Relations. Emily can often be found ordering a venti black tea lemonade from Starbucks or petting random dogs on campus. She loves hanging out with friends, spending summers on the Chesapeake Bay, and can't be seen without her Bean Boots and pearl earrings.
Jessica is a sophomore at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in general business. She is so excited to be a part of the HCScranton team and hopes to reach other girls on campus. This Jersey Girl loves hanging out with her friends and family, soaking up the sun at the beach, and is never found without her prized possession MK bag. Follow her on Instagram @jessicaperillo!
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_