The Most Important Person in My Life is My Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

During women’s history month, I like to take the time each day to think about a different woman that has empowered me throughout my life and got me to where I am today. These women include both people I do know and people I do not know. One woman that especially inspires me to be the best version of myself is my mom. She has been and always will be the first person I go to when I am having trouble in any aspect of my life, whether it be mental health related, physical health related, or anything in between. I grew up with two other sisters and my mom and I also attended an all-girls high school. I have always been taught to not be afraid to speak my mind and be the strongest I can be for myself and others who might need it. My mom is the most caring person I have ever met. She supports me in every activity I pursue or tried to pursue, even though it might not have worked out! She never told me I could not do something, and I was incredibly privileged to try any extracurricular activity I wished to, and I am grateful for it every day.  She encourages me when I am feeling incredibly down and out about myself and is always there to listen to my crazy unimportant college gossip stories. I love to call my mom at the end of a long day, because she knows how to make me laugh or just be there to listen. I could never imagine my life without my mom and every day she reminds me that women are incredible, and I will one day change the world. 

Aimee Mockler

Scranton '24

Hi! I am one of the Campus Correspondents of HerCampus at the University of Scranton. I am a third-year occupational therapy major with a minor in psychology. I love to bake and also participate in theater on campus!