This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It’s no secret that we miss our moms when we leave home to embark on another semester of college. Home visits and phone calls may slow down, but the texts between our moms and us are still going strong…sometimes a little too strong. If you’ve ever gotten a text from your mom that was outrageous on more levels than one, odds are the person next to you has too. In a world full of diverse people, we might all just have one thing in common: our moms are textually inept. For whatever reason they may be blowing up your phone, moms have a way with words and we’ve got the texts to prove it!

1. Once a concerned mom, always a concerned mom.

2. Daily reminders that as long as they’re still paying our bills, we’re under their command.

3. Motherly advice!

4. And occasionally they need our advice…

5. What’s a daughter if not someone to vent to?

6. Always there to make us feel better about our own problems

7. Updates on just how cool they are…

8. Filling us in on what’s going on at home…and letting us know everything is fine!

9. Sometimes they just want to insult us

10. And sometimes we just don’t even know…

You have to admit, opening texts like these from your mom makes your day, but if growing up like our mothers is inevitable, say a prayer for our children!

Brittany Lemardy is a senior at The University of Scranton majoring in strategic communication with a focus on public relations. She’s a small town girl from Pennsylvania with hopes of living in New York City someday. She loves all things fashion and laughter! Check her out on Instagram!  @brittanylemardy  
Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?