Ten Signs that Spring is Coming to Scranton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

We’ve waited for this moment since the day we stepped back on campus from winter break: spring! Although it may not be time to trade in the Uggs for those cute sandals you just added to your online shopping cart, spring is definitely coming to Scranton and here’s the proof.

1.) The first day that’s above 50 degrees is filled with guys walking around campus in just a t-shirt.Ok, we get that its nice outside, but its not THAT nice outside. Throw on a sweatshirt, homeboy. 

2.) You can see the grass.So, maybe its brown and not very pretty, but for the first time in months there isn’t any snow covering the green and it is such a welcoming sight!

3.) Your regular Starbucks order is now ordered on ice.This is the best thing to happen all semester! You were really getting sick of that Hot Caramel Macchiato.

4.) You see girls out for their daily runs.This gets you thinking, Maybe I should go on a run. But then you soon realize you cant walk without stumbling into something so forget about that run.

5.) Nights are filled with rain.Ok, so the weather still isnt ideal but it could be snowing. No complaining!

6.) There are at least five groups of students playing frisbee on the Dionne Green.You may not be the greatest player on campus, but its a fun way to take a break from your schoolwork.

7.) The sun is out.Oh sun, how we have missed you. Time to break out those overly priced sunglasses!

8.) You start thinking about Spring Fest.Ah, such a wonderful time to be a Royal. Live music, free tank tops and of course, free food!

9.) Students are starting to dress nice for class.Wearing pajamas to class is not exactly the best way to make a good impression with your professors. We would much rather the stress of having NOTHING to wear.

10.) Your mood is much happier during this time of the year.Say goodbye to those winter blues. Spring makes us feel refreshed and ready for whatever lies ahead for the rest of the semester.

Emily is a Scranton native trying to make a name for herself. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Finance. When she's not goofing off with her friends or spending time with her family, there is a very big chance that she's binge watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Emily has a love-hate relationship with Moe's Southwest Grill and would probably eat chips and queso for every meal if it didn't mean that she'd have to work out afterwards. She loves being a part of Her Campus Scranton and can't wait to see what her future holds!
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_