First Aid Beauty Survival Kit Product Samples
Meghann Haley
Style > Beauty

Spring Survival Kits: As told by a Skincare Fanatic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Our spring survival kits are here! Our chapter is so excited to try out all these new products from amazing brands like First Aid Beauty, Diva Cup, Hallmark and Azo. 

As our resident skincare fanatic, I was most excited to try out the First Aid Beauty products. There are three products: The Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, Face Cleanser, and the Hello Fab Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer. 

I am overall impressed by the brand and it’s products and would definitely recommend. Read my thoughts on each product below. 

Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration

As a girl with dry skin, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product. The product claims to soothe, moisturize, and condition skin – and it definitely does. The cream is thicker, but it absorbs super quickly making it ideal for the on the go, busy college student. Although it is a heavier cream, it is good for all skintypes – including sensitive skin. A major selling point for me is that it is dermatologist tested- which is so important for me when looking at skincare products. 

Face Cleanser

I was pleasantly suprised by this facial cleanser. It is fragrance free, which is super important to me. Heavy fragrance, or even moderate fragrance can be very irritating for the skin. I’d definitely recommend a double cleanser (as always), but it did a great job making my face feel clean. It is a creamier cleanser, meaning it does not strip the skin while cleansing.  Just like the moisturizer, this is suitable for all skintypes – but it does seem more ideal for normal to dry in my opinion.

Hello Fab Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer.

I have to say, I’m a bit suspicious about how effective primers actually are – unless the fill the pores or color correct I tend to just go with a moisturizer instead of a hydrating primer. However, I was especially optimistic about this one. The ingredients are amazing – the cocunut water is one of my faves that I look for in base makeup products. It brighten, smoothes, and moisturizer which is kind of a dream. It has micro-pearls which gives you a glow that can illuminate your face through foundation, or on it’s own. 

Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.