A Series of Unfortunate Events … 12 Miseries Every College Girl Should Avoid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

We all have our moments, yet some are more embarrassing than others. The guys live life in the fast lane but we struggle with the glitz, glam and what ifs.

1. Romper, Stop-HerGoing to the bathroom in a romper? Means TIME. TO. STRIP. You better hope the bathroom has stalls with doors because you will be stripping for anyone with the need ‘to go.’ Although rompers are adorable, bathroom + romper = terrible idea.

2. Your Hair is Bigger Than Your HeadHumidity is the look that kills. Girls spend countless hours straightening their hair but once they take that step outside on a humid day, BAM! Might as well just whip out that hat and call it a day.

3. The Painful SliceForgetting to shave your legs rushing out of the shower? The worst. Thoughts run through your head, “I’m a pro. I won’t cut myself.” Then, slice. The beautifully moisturized skin is now a souvenir for your razor and the amount of blood flowing from that tiny sliver makes you believe your leg has been amputated.

4. How Does Hair Taste?Applying Chapstick on a windy day screams, MORON. Sure, you look cool applying that Burt’s Bees or EOS as you’re walking to class, showing that cutie that passes by you have smooth lips, just wait until that gust of wind blows in your face. You go from cool to fool when your hair is now stuck to those moisturized lips.

5. Pretty in Pink But You Forgot to ThinkAfter painting your nails perfect, now what? Us girls get bored easily and have the patience of zero. As you cuddle into bed to watch Netflix and pass out, you wake up the next morning with disappointment and regret. Your pillow and bedding pattern is now cemented and smudged on your fingernails.

6. It’s All About the PitsMakeup, done. Hair, done. Last step: outfit. You put on the cutest strapless dress to soon realize as you are leaving you forgot to shave your armpits. Do you dry shave or do you get back in the shower and risk the look for a sensible safe shave? The struggle….

7. Tampon TangoWhile sitting in class you realize you forgot to change your tampon. EWW. The next few minutes you spend plotting how to strategically grab the tampon out of your bag, then ponder transportation strategies. Hiding it up your sweatshirt sleeve or in your boot? Decisions, decisions.

8. Windy Day Peep ShowSure, wear that stylish skirt as you sashay across the commons on a windy day, but beware of “The Marilyn!” The boys will be checking out more than your fetching frock. Hide your booty or you’ll be featured on Snapchat.

9. BC Outta Control!Forgot to take your birth control? Yep, you are pregnant (the mentality of every girl). You think you’ll remember to take it without an alarm but you realize that was a fail. Tip: Set a “reminder” alarm on your phone. This will keep you in control to take control.

10. Long lashes or long face?This is the priceless face every girl makes when applying mascara. The chin drops, mouth open, eyes widen. Even when you catch yourself you try to adjust but end up going back to that ridiculously frightening face – THE SCREAM!

11. Scream for Help or ‘Shake It Off’No toilet paper? Now what? Each circumstance is different, which makes it extremely awkward. Some instances screaming for help works but other instances you should take Taylor Swift’s advice and just ‘shake it off.’

12. You Gotta Suffer to Be BeautifulAs hot as those shoes looked Saturday night, Sunday’s hangover isn’t the only pain you’re suffering the next morning. Those blisters on your feet will give you the one-week excuse to not work out…. Only to repeat next Saturday night.

Megan was born in NYC and is the youngest of four. She moved to a small town, Glen Rock, NJ shortly after her arrival. She graduated from The University of Scranton in May of 2015 with a BA in strategic communication. At the University, Megan was a member of the women's soccer team and a writer and feature story editor for HC Scranton. Megan is very active and takes on all sorts of fitness classes. Megan enjoys being surrounded by friends and family and going to her lake house on Brant Lake in the Adirondacks during the summer (ignore Blair Waldorf... the Adirondacks is a BEAUTIFUL place to vacation!)
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_