This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Dear senior,

Let me be the first to tell you congratulations. You did it! When you stepped onto campus for the first time four years ago, this moment seemed like a lifetime away. A lifetime of new friends, parties, papers, laughs and (hopefully not too many) tears have gone by in the blink of an eye. What can be better than these past four years? As we all approach an exciting and emotional time in our lives, here are a few things that we all need to remember:

1. It’s okay to be scared
The fact that adult and your name are about to be used in the same sentence may sound terrifying, but you’ll get used to it.

2. You will figure it all out
It may seem like everyone has a job lined up after graduation, but that is far from the case. If you can’t decide on going to grad school or joining the “real world,” it’s okay to take a year off and get your priorities straight.

3. Never give up
So your first two job interviews didn’t go as planned and you still can’t decide what to do with your liberal arts degree… Remember that the possibilities are endless.

4. Save your money
It’s great to be excited about not making $45 a week from your work study job, but don’t let the excitement get the best of you.

5. Follow your passion
Did you suddenly find out that you don’t even like what you majored in? That’s ok. Following your dreams instead of your money will lead to your path to happiness.

6. Be kind
Remember that it’s a small world. Everyone that you encounter in life may have a role to play in your successes later. First impressions are everything.

7. Enjoy the ride
Life is short, so live it up! Instead of stressing out about every little twist and turn that life throws at you, embrace it as a life lesson.

Emily is a Scranton native trying to make a name for herself. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Finance. When she's not goofing off with her friends or spending time with her family, there is a very big chance that she's binge watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Emily has a love-hate relationship with Moe's Southwest Grill and would probably eat chips and queso for every meal if it didn't mean that she'd have to work out afterwards. She loves being a part of Her Campus Scranton and can't wait to see what her future holds!
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_