SCRANTopedia, Volume 1

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Once upon a time, a Scranton squirrel and a Her Campus scholar teamed up. Together, they became determined to collect a comprehensive summary of words that only have a different meaning in the magical destination of Scrantinavia, Pennsylvania. Observance from trees and many research methods resulted in their finial product, SCRANTopeida. The only place where you can reference information you can trust!

BThis big bird…

isn’t as big as this big bird.

CLadies, if your man is being one…

go chug at this one.

DUp, down and across aren’t directions…Up Down Across They are strictly locations with food.

FWhy even break a sweat “flex-ing” your muscles…When you can flex $200 of food.

Progressive ain’t home to the OG …

FLO!

GMost people order General Tso’s from their local Chinese place

But you order “general tso’s” from here…

One person’s stereotypical image of the mafia

Is another person’s Friday night $5 blackout.

TBH you’ve probably seen more of this green frog… than this green frog.

IWho dat? Who dat?

I – G- G- Y

LTo ordinary people late night, is obviously when it is late at night.

But to us scrantastic people, late night, is obviously either at 8 p.m.

Or 2 a.m.

PA parade looks like this:

But, the only parade you know looks like THIS:

or this #TBT #paradeday2015 #police

You wait until all your underwear are dirty to see this POD

But you age three years waiting for your grilled chicken in the POD.

The first six presidents of the United States…

Are better known as the first six streets of the historical (insert laugh) hill section.

RMiddle school students who are rejected because their growing leg hair and gym period stench should come visit Scranton

because here, reject is a side of the cafeteria.

Cinderella might have found prince charming in her royal ride…

but you’re only going to find public safety in yours.

TA tray is something you carry food on, right?

Surround yourself with those local Scranton students and before you know it your food isn’t on a tray, it is a tray.

VIt doesn’t look like this…

when you are on Vine. 

Hailing from New Jersey, Donna is just as loving as her last name portrays her to be. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is positive that the song "Rather Be" was written about her past semester studying abroad in Australia. Donna lives for the dance floor, her three dogs and frozen yogurt. If you see her without her signature pearl earrings, just please, offer a sister some lovin. Follow her on Instagram @d0nzette & Twitter @DAmore55 !
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_